February 9, 2013

The Best Blizzard Pictures of 2013


This is a look into the Blizzard of 2013 from my place in the world. These were the snow totals expected in the area. We live in the 18-24" range, but had totals up to 30+" when it was through.



SOCIAL MEDIA SHARING:
These are the best of the best from the Internet. Unfortunately, I do not know who created them. 

The Commonwealth of Massachusetts ordered all non-emergency personnel to stay off the roads beginning on Friday at 4pm until further notice. It was lifted on Saturday at 4pm.


The Weather Channel coined the term for this storm "Nemo." The National Weather Service was not happy with them, it was reported they believed they were doing it for ratings. It is the NWS policy to only name hurricanes and major tropical storm events.


I think the rest of the world thinks we are a bunch of lushes in New England.


BEFORE AND AFTER

Before

After


I had to shovel a path down my driveway to take my "AFTER" pictures. The left side of this picture is the true snow total, the right side is where I threw the snow I was shoveling.


A friend I went to high school with cracks me up with her honest humor.... 
No hangovers at our house, but I'm sure there were a good many somewhere in New England.



It took my husband and sons hours to get the driveway cleared. You would think after living here for 18 years we would own a snow blower, but we don't. There is always something more pressing that needs our attention, and winter is so temporary. 


Finally... pavement! 


I went down to the driveway to survey the progress and saw they had completed the job. When I looked over and saw the shovel, I thought, "What a great picture that would make!"


EXPLORING THE NEIGHBORHOOD
My husband and I explored the neighborhood afterwards. It was super cold, so we didn't stay out as long as we would have liked, but I got some great shots! 


Dave, my husband, all bundled up! 


The pipelines... look at the snow wall on the road.


LIFE'S ABOUT THE DETAILS
The one thing I noticed on our jaunt, was how some houses had NO SNOW on their roofs... I guess it all depends on which way the wind blows.




THEN THERE IS OUR HOUSE...


and even MORE DETAILS
Contrast of Color...




A neighbors clearing his driveway. I liked the contrast of his jacket with the snow, but I didn't want to freak him out because I was taking a picture, so I took it quickly as Dave drove by.


The Blizzard Sunset on our ride back home.


video
I compiled a short video...
I hope you weathered out the Blizzard of 2013 as good as I did! 
















4 comments:

  1. I can't believe how deep the snow is. Crazy! I was wondering too why they were calling it "Nemo." Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would not know what to do with all of that snow! I thought our AZ snow was a big deal, but it was nothin';)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well if you don't usually get snow it's a big deal, I can't imagine what the roads were like where you are... not having the equipment to salt and sand, like they do around here. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?